The National Defence Academy is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to respective service academies for further pre-commissioning training.
About National Defence Academy (NDA)
The NDA is located in Khadakwasla, Pune, Maharashtra. If you are looking quality education to crack NDA entrance examination in Lucknow, Delhi, Patna and various cities in india, then Cadets Prime Defence Academy is one stop solution for that. Cadets Prime Defence Academy offers coaching Classes for the UPSC NDA | NA written examinations.
Cadets Prime Defence Academy is a Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow & faculty of Cadets Prime[ is highly qualified and vastly experienced for NDA examinations. The standards of excellence followed by Cadets Prime ensure that each student who opts for coaching with us feels confident and well prepared for the exam.
Not only do we cover the entire syllabus subject by subject as per UPSC, we also prepare our students with mock tests, previous year question papers and doubt clearing sessions which are conducted each week to monitor each student’s progress. Mock test/ weekly test results are also discussed to pin point where the student may be lacking.
This ensures that the students know what to expect in the examination, how to approach the examination, manage time efficiently and get the best possible results. Experienced and updated faculty teaches students how to handle the NDA examination specifically; they focus on the format and type of questions likely to be asked in the exam.
Students can learn many formulae and shortcuts to get quick and accurate answers while attempting the examination. Apart from this, we provide extensively researched study material which helps students to easily access, organise and systematically approach the vast syllabus.
NDA Admit Card
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the exam; the e-Admit Card will be made available in the UPSC website [upsc.gov.in] for being downloaded by candidates
No Admit Card will be sent by post. For downloading the e-Admit Card the candidate must have his vital parameters like RID & Date of Birth or Roll No. (if received) & date of birth or name, father’s name & Date of Birth available with him
The Union Public Service Commission shall prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission in their discretion. Such candidates shall appear before a Services Selection Board for intelligence and Personality Test where candidates for the Army/Navy wings of the NDA and 10+2 Executive branch of Naval Academy will be assessed on officers potentiality and those for the Air Force in Pilot Aptitude Test and for officers potentiality.
- National Defence Academy: Approx 370 (208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 120 for Air (including 28 for Ground Duties)
- Naval Academy: 45 (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme) approx
- Total Vacancies: 415
- Vacancies are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability of training capacity of National Defence Academy and Indian Naval Academy.
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination. Such candidates who qualify the SSB interview but could not produce Matriculation/10+2 or equivalent certificate in original at the time of SSB interview should forward duly self attested Photocopies to ‘Directorate General of Recruiting, Army HQ, West Block.III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi110066’ and for Naval Academy candidates to ‘Naval Headquarters, DMPR, OI&R Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011’ failing which their candidature will be cancelled. All other candidates who have produced their Matriculation and 10+2 pass or equivalent certificates in original at the time of attending the SSB interview and have got the same verified by the SSB authorities are not required to submit the same to Army HQ or Naval HQ as the case may be. Certificates in original issued by the Principals of the Institutions are also acceptable in cases where Boards/Universities have not yet issued certificates. Certified true copies/photostate copies of such certificates will not be accepted.
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Exam.
A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply
2020 Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website www.upsc.gov.in or upsconline.nic.in
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (upsc.gov.in) for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
Scheme of NDA Entrance Examination
- The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
- Mathematics (01) – 2-½ Hours (300 Marks)
- General Ability Test (02) – 2-½ Hours (600 Marks)
- Total 900 Marks
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) OF MATHEMATICS AND PART “b” OF GENERAL ABILITY TESTS WILL BE SET BILINGUALLY IN HINDI AS WELL AS English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects at the exam.
- The candidates are not permitted to use calculator or Mathematical or logarithmic table for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
The paper will be of both language Hindi & English. Answering Method: Each question will have four optional answer candidates have to choose the right one only.
There will be negative marking for incorrect response given by candidates in the objective type questions. Candidates use only black ball pen to mark answers