Indian Air Force (IAF) – X & Y
Cadets Prime Defence Academy provides coaching for Air force X & Y Group. We provides coaching to candidates for qualifying Airforce group X and Y exam. It is among the best institutes for Air Force preparations and has given output in the form of recommendation of many candidates.
Indian Air Force (IAF)
Group X And Y 2020 Batch
The faculty at Cadets Prime Defence Academy is highly qualified and heighly experienced in successfully coaching students for AFCAT examinations. We cover the entire syllabus as per notification, we also prepare our students with mock tests, previous year question papers and doubt clearing sessions which are conducted each week to monitor each student’s progress. Our highly qualified, experienced and updated faculty for AirForce and Navy coaching provides students with the right guidance to get best results in the exam.
Indian Air Force (IAF) has invited online applications for the post of Airmen in Group ‘X’ Trades (except Education Instructor Trade) and Group ‘Y’ Trades (except Automobile Technician, Ground Training Instructor, Indian Air Force (Police), Indian Air Force (Security) and Musician Trades.
Selections in the IAF Group X and Y Trades are done by the Central Airman Selection Board (CASB) which enrols Airmen through All India Selection Tests (AIST) and Recruitment Rallies. For AIST, advertisements are placed in the Employment Times and candidates need to send their applications to the CASB. The eligible candidates will receive admit cards for the AIST. Dates for the Recruitment Rallies are printed in newspapers. Candidates are required to appear at the rally venue with the required documents.
Airmen Group X and Y: Eligibility
The eligibility varies as per the Group of trade. Group ‘X’ Airmen for Technical Trades require a 10+2 with PCM or a Diploma in Engineering from a recognised institute. For Group ‘X’ Education Instructor Trade, candidates need a Graduation and a B. Ed. / Two years teaching experience. For Group ‘Y’ Trades (police, defence etc.), candidates require a 10+2 or equivalent in Science, Arts or Commerce. Here is the detail of the eligibility qualifications:
Nationality: Indian and Nepalese
Marital Status: Unmarried
Upper Age Limit: 21 Years
- Group X (except Education Instructor Trade)
- Passed Intermediate/10+2/Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Passed Three years Diploma Course in Engineering in any stream. The candidate should have completed the course from a Government recognised Polytechnic institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in diploma or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course.
- Group Y (except Automobile Technician, GTI, IAF (P), IAF(S) and Musician Trades)
Passed Intermediate/10+2/ Equivalent Examination in any stream/subjects approved by Central/State Education Boards with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Group Y (Medical Assistant Trade Only)
Passed 10+2/Intermediate/equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English. Medical Standards
General Medical Standards for both Group X (except Education Instructor Trade) and Group Y (except Automobile Technician, GTI, IAF (P), IAF(S) and Musician Trades) are as follows:
- Height: Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms.
- Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm.
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age. However, minimum weight of 55 Kg required for an Operations Assistant (ATS) Trade only.
- Corneal Surgery (PRK/LASIK) shall not be acceptable.
- Hearing: Candidate should have normal hearing, i.e. able to hear a forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- Dental: Candidates should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.
- Health: Candidate should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or infection and skin ailments. The candidate shall be physically and mentally fit to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
Airmen Group X and Y: Exam Pattern
Depending on the decided trade, the candidates will be given a test. After this test, the candidates are put to a Physical Fitness Test. Those, who pass these two levels, are subjected to a medical examination, which is followed by an interview with a team of Officers and Warrant Officers. Candidates, who complete all these levels, are enrolled into the IAF. Here is the detail of the Exam Pattern of the Group X and Group Y recruitment:
Phase-I (Online Exam)
Eligible candidates will be sent Provisional Admit Cards for Phase-I on their respective e-mail which they will download & take colour printout & will carry the same to the examination centre on the day of online test as indicated on their respective Admit Card. Details of the Online Exam are as follows:
- Group X Trades (except Education Instructor): Duration of the online test shall be 60 minutes and shall comprise English, Physics and Mathematics.
- Group Y Trades (except Automobile Technician, GTI, IAF (P), IAF(S) and Musician): Duration of the online test shall be 45 minutes and shall comprise English, Reasoning & General Awareness.
- Both Group X & Y Trades: Duration of the online test shall be 85 minutes and shall comprise English, Physics, Mathematics, and Reasoning & General Awareness.
Note: The exam has a provision of negative marking also. For every correct answer, one mark will be awarded while for every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty. If the candidate leaves the question then no mark will be awarded.
Phase-II (Physical Fitness Test)
Soon after the declaration of the result of Phase-I, all candidates shortlisted for Phase-II will be sent a new admit card on their registered e-mail for phase-II test at an Airmen Selection Centre. Candidates should be in possession of all the required documents when appearing for the Phase – II exam.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT) would consist of the following:
1.6 Km run to be completed within 06 minutes 30 seconds. Candidates shall also have to complete 10 Pushups, 10 Sit-ups and 20 Squats within the stipulated time to qualify in the Physical Fitness Test. Note: Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts/Track pants. Candidates shall sign a consent form prior to appearing in Physical Fitness Test/Medical Test for selection in IAF. He shall appear in these tests on his own risk and shall not be paid any compensation by the IAF for injury/casualty, if any, sustained by him during such tests. The Consent Form shall be signed by Parents/Guardian of candidates below 18 years of age.
Phase-III (Medical Examination)
Candidates who qualify Physical Fitness Test shall be issued a medical appointment letter for their medical examination at designated Medical Boarding Centre (MBC) on a specified date. Medical Examination shall be conducted by Air Force Medical Team as per IAF medical standards and policy. Medical examination would include Baseline Investigation of:
- Blood Haemogram – Hb, TLC, DLC
- Urine RE/ME
- Biochemistry: Blood Sugar Fasting & PP, Serum Cholesterol, Urea, Uric acid, Creatinine, LFT- Serum Bilurubin, SGOT, SGPT
- X- Ray Chest (PA view)
- ECG (R)
Airmen Group X and Y: Syllabus
The syllabus for the Airmen Group X and Group Y Exam is the same as that of the syllabus of the 10+2 of CBSE. So, the candidates are advised to study as per the CBSE 10+2 syllabus. For Reasoning & General Awareness, the candidates should refer to a standard book. Here is the detailed syllabus of the Group X and Y of IAF:
Airmen Group X and Y Syllabus: English
- English Comprehension
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sequence of Tenses Transformation of Sentences: Compound, Complex, Simple, Negative, Affirmative Sentences
- Spelling & Word Formation
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- One Word Substitution
- Correct usage of Articles
- Parts of Speech
- Commonly Confused Words and their Usages
- Idioms and Phrases
- Direct/Indirect Narration
- Active and Passive Voice
Airmen Group X Syllabus: Physics
- Principles of Communication
- Work, Energy and Power
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Physical Quantities and Measurement
- Motion of System of Particles & Rigid Body
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Waves Electrostatic
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Atomic Nucleus
- Laws of Motion
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Solids and Semiconductors Devices
Airmen Group X Syllabus: Mathematics
- Sets and Functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Mathematical Induction
- Cartesian System of Coordinates
- Straight Line
- Conic Sections
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations and Linear Equations
- Sequences and Series
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorems
- Exponential and Logarithm Series
- Solutions of Triangle
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Matrices and Determinants
- Function, Limit and Continuity
- Applications of Derivatives
- Indefinite Integrals
- Definite Integrals
- Differential Equation
- Mathematical Logic
- Boolean Algebra
Airmen Group Y Syllabus: Reasoning
- Number Series
- Non-Verbal Series
- Coding-Decoding Direction
- Test Number Ranking
- Alphabet Series
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Decision Making
- Blood Relations
- Clocks & Calendars
- Mirror Images Cubes and Dice
- Embedded Figures
Airmen Group Y Syllabus: General Awareness
- General Science (biology of human body, organic chemistry, etc.)
- Civics (polity, constitution of India, etc.)
- Geography (lakes, river, waterfalls, irrigation and agriculture, etc.)
- Current Events (days, events etc.)
- History (Indian freedom struggle, viceroys, governors, dance, music and fairs, etc.)
- Basic Computer Operations (computer and mobile technology)
Airmen Group Y Syllabus: Mathematics
- Ratio and Proportion
- LCM, HCF
- Profit and Loss
- Time, Distance and Speed
- Simplification of Numbers
- Area of Triangle, Square and Rectangle
- Surface Area and Volume of Cuboids, Cylinder, Cone and Sphere
- Simple Trigonometry
The syllabus given above is of 10+2 level of the CBSE. If the candidates have good command over the subjects then they can easily crack the exam. However, they have to make efforts for General Awareness and Reasoning a little bit.