Military Nursing Service (MNS)
Applications are invited from FEMALE CANDIDATES (only) for admission to 4 years B Sc. (Nursing) course commencing in 2019 at Colleges of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services.
Military Nursing Service (MNS)
Based on the merit cum choice, (subject to vacancy in each College) the candidates will be awarded admission in Colleges of Nursing. Selected candidates shall execute an agreement/Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) for 5 years.
On successful completion of Nursing Training (4years), the candidates will be granted permanent/short service commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the terms and conditions laid down for grant of such commission.
They shall have to refund the bond money as per the bond executed in the event of withdrawal from the course, termination of training or refusal to accept commission in the MNS, if offered.
During training they will be provided with free ration, accommodation, uniform allowance and monthly stipend as per existing terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
MNS Eligibility Conditions
- Female candidates who are unmarried/divorcee/legally separated or widow without encumbrances.
- Nationality –Indian
- Date of Birth –Between 01 Oct 1994 to 30 Sep 2002 (both days inclusive).
- Educational Qualification –Candidates must have passed in the first attempt, Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent (12 Years schooling) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English with not less than 50% aggregate marks as a regular student from a Statutory / Recognized Board /University/ Examination Body. Candidates who will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the course.
Physical standards – Medical fitness will be determined as per standards applicable for commission in the Armed Forces. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen & pelvis) will be done. Minimum height should not be less than 148 cm (relaxed by 5cm in case of north East candidates). Details of medical standards can be seen in the Indian Army official website www.joinindarmy.nic.in or www.indarmy.gov.in
Selection: Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type written test of 90 minutes duration likely to be held in Jan 2019, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence. Candidates as per merit on the basis of written test will be called for interview during April 2019. Final selection will be based on the combined merit of written test & interview, subject to medical fitness. Admission to Colleges of Nursing will be offered in accordance with the merit cum choice subject to vacancy in each College.
Medical Examination: After the interview, the recommended candidates will appear for medical examination before a Special Medical Board (SMB). Candidates declared FIT/UNFIT will be informed by the President of the Medical board including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD.
Indian Army MNS Exam Pattern
Indian Army MNS Syllabus is mentioned below for the guidance of the candidates. Applicants can view the Military Nursing Service Exam Syllabus to start their preparation.
INDIAN ARMY NURSING & MIDWIFERY SYLLABUS
Indian Army MNS Syllabus is provided here. For more details visit the official website. The subjects for Military Nursing Service Exam are as follows:
- General English
- General Intelligence
INDIAN ARMY MNS GENERAL ENGLISH SYLLABUS
- Synonyms/ Homonyms
- Spot the error
- Fill in the blanks
- Idioms and phrases
- One word substitutions
- Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze passage
- Comprehension passage
INDIAN ARMY MNS SYLLABUS FOR BIOLOGY
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Genetics and evolution
- Human health and diseases
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Biodiversity, ecology, and environment
INDIAN ARMY MNS SYLLABUS FOR PHYSICS
- Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power
- Properties of Matter
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
INDIAN ARMY MNS SYLLABUS FOR CHEMISTRY
- Atomic Structure
- p,d, and f – Block Elements
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules
INDIAN ARMY MNS SYLLABUS – GENERAL INTELLIGENCE
- Number Series
- Space Visualization
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Similarities and Differences
- Figure Classification
- Visual Memory
- Relationship Concepts
- Non-Verbal Series
- Arthmetical Computation
- Analytical Functions etc